It’s National Margarita Day! And it’s a Friday, which means we have DOUBLE the reason to celebrate (as if we needed an excuse to order a delicious tequila-based beverage). Here’s a list of our team’s favorite margarita joints:
Dan – I’m a fan of the margarita at Hecho in Phinney Ridge.
Cassie – The blood orange margarita de casa at Pablo y Pablo is pretty freaking good but as a north-ender, I am a big fan of the jalapeno margarita at 190 Sunset in Edmonds.
Larry – I’m not really a margarita fan but my wife makes one that is pretty good!
If you prefer to be your own bartender, here’s a recipe from the Defined Dish to try at home:
- 3 oz. Good Tequila (Clayton likes Casamigos)
- 1 oz. cointreau
- 2 oz. fresh lime juice
- .5 oz. orange juice
- 1.5 oz. of Gomme or Simple Syrup (more or less to taste, depending on how sweet you want it)
- .5oz egg whites
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker (without ice) and shake vigorously.
- Pour over a glass (salt rimmed preferably) filled with ice.
- If your margarita comes out too tarte for your taste, add more simple syrup.