14 Things to Do with Your Kids During Snow-pocalypse
With the snow falling and the forecast calling for anywhere from 4 to 8 inches of snow over the next 24 hours, you can bet that the kiddos are going to claim that they’re bored at a moment’s notice (if they haven’t started already!). Here are some ideas on how to keep them entertained without ever turning on the TV:
- 1. Board games and/or card games – Brush up on the rules of “Old Maid”, “Go Fish”, “Crazy 8’s” and other classics here >
2. Make a fort – Pull out blankets, pillows, Christmas lights (if you haven’t put your strands away yet), and flashlights, and build your fort-mansion using the furniture in your home.
3. Go sledding in your yard or at a nearby park
4. Build a snowman / make snow angels (then have hot cocoa after!)
5. Get a jump start on Valentine’s Day cards and crafts. Need some inspiration? Check out these Pins >
6. Crumble up paper or ball up socks and have an indoor “snowball” fight. Just be sure to move anything breakable out of the line of fire!
7. Build an obstacle course using couch cushions, leftover boxes, and furniture and pretend the floor is lava
8. Make snow ice cream. Yes, you read that right. You can turn the snow from your yard into ICE CREAM. Get the recipe here >
9. Paint the snow with water and food coloring in bottles (after you make your ice cream).
10. Create an indoor scavenger hunt using household items. Get some clue inspiration here >
11. Puzzles are always a great way to kill some time!
12. Wrap some wax paper around your socks, secure with a rubber band, and go indoor ice skating.
13. If you have some plastic bottles laying around, grab a tennis ball and turn those bottles and your hallway into an indoor bowling alley.
14. Make your own photo booth and props using a sheet and some construction paper then start snapping pics.
How are you surviving the winter storm? Share your ideas with us by tagging Wilcynski Partners on Facebook or Instagram!